SSC CGL Previous Year Question PapersStaff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Written exam to recruit the job seekers for disclosed post. You need to Study same
as topper by adding following question in your preparation to beat the exam with good cut off marks in English section.
It is assumed that mostly candidates obtain least marks in this section. Therefore we came to remove the hurdles between job and you. Now check the questions which are from English Language section. Other sections questions are also available on our portal. Job hunters can get that content through ejobshub. Take a look on following content to beat upcoming exam of SSC CGL.
English Language Answers with Questions:
1. In this question for word are given, out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt.
A. Adalosent C. Adolescent
B. Adolascent D. Adaloscent
2. In this question four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase underline in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase.
If you want to solve the problem for ever you must take the bull by horns.
A. Pull the bull’s horns.
B. Face a difficulty or danger boldly.
C. Run away from a difficulty or danger.
D. Face a difficulty or danger confidently.
3. In this question out of four alternatives choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence.
A hater of women
A. Bigamist C. Misanthrope
B. Misogynist D. Polygynist
4. In this question, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part at A,B,C which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is D.
The expert was very interesting in this candidate.
A. Was having interest C. is having interest
B. Was very interested D. no improvement
5. In this question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best express the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.
An i-pod has been bought by Anubhav’s mother.
A. Anubhav’s mother was engaged in buying an i-pod.
B. Anubhav’s mother had bought an i-pod.
C. Anubhav’s mother has been buying an i-pod.
D. Anubhav’s mother has bought an i-pod.
6. In this question, a sentence has been given in Direct /Indirect. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct.
The teacher said, “Water boils at 1000 C.”
A. The teacher told water boiled at 1000 C.
B. The teacher said that water boiled at 1000 C.
C. The teacher said that water boils at 1000 C.
D. The teacher told that water boiled at 1000 C.
7. In this question, out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best express the meaning of the given word.
A. Lively C. Clear
B. Venomous D. Superior
8. In this question, choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word.
A. Spleen C. Spirit
B. Venom D. Affection
Note: Dear aspirants before start preparation for SSC examination must take the help from these questions and for more asked questions and answers keep visiting our web portal which is popularly known as ejobshub.
All the Best!!
SSC CGL Updates & Preparation Material
Take a Look on Below Table.......