Ishan Uday Scholarship
University Grants Commission in association with Ministry of Human Resource Development has announced a notice to provideIshan Uday Scholarship. Online application form is invited for promoting higher education in NER (North Eastern Region) and to encourage children belonging to economically weaker section of NE region on or before final date given below. Every year, fresh 10000 scholarships is distributed for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
More details connected with Ishan Uday Scholarship for Students are provided below for all the students who are visiting this page. Dear scholars keep in mind that last date to apply. Dear candidates if you want to pursue for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses then you are suggested to apply online by following certain measures.
Entire Details of Ishan Uday Scholarship
Read these points carefully before apply-
- Students with domicile of NE region who have passed 12th standard or equivalent exam from school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education within NER only.
- Candidates must have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses which include medical and para-medical courses (included integrated courses) in Universities / Colleges m/ Institutions recognized by UGC within and outside States of NER.
- Income of the parents of student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Objective of Fellowship: Objectives of Ishan Uday Scholarship for North Eastern Region are:
- To provide equal opportunities for higher education in NER.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
- To increase Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NER.
- To focus more on professional education in NER.
Amount of Fellowship: An amount of Rs. 3500/- p.m. for General Degree courses and Rs. 5000/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses (including Medical & Para medical courses) will be given through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to student who will be selected for Fellowship.
Exclusions: Following will not be eligible for this scheme:
- Candidates pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Already take advantage of fellowship to pursue Undergraduate programme under any other scheme.
- Students pursue courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to award of Degree.
- Whose parents’ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum is not eligible for this scheme.
Selection Process: Selection of successful aspirants will be done on basis of marks scored by them in 12th class or equivalent exam.
Important Date to Keep in mind:
Last Date to apply for scholarship: Update Soon
How to Apply: Willing candidates need to check this-
- At initial all aspirants need to visit the Official website of University Grants Commission that is www.ugc.ac.in.
- Then, go at the bottom of home page and hit on “Scholarship & Fellowships” option under section “Students”.
- After that, press on “Ishan Uday” for North Eastern Region” link and read all information carefully.
- Candidates, who fulfill all eligibility criteria, can select “Apply Now” button.
- Now, fill an application form with all relevant details and upload scanned photograph and signature (if required).
- After filling complete details in form, hit on “submit” button.
- Don’t forget to take hard copy of application form for future reference.
Reminder: Dear candidates if you are eligible to apply online then visit this Official Link.
Take a Look on Below Table.......