Railway Examination Pattern
Those who are looking for the Railway Exam Pattern have reached on a perfect website because in this webpage ourexperts will give you all the details regarding this. Railway has changed their examination pattern so it is important to tell you the new Railway Exam Pattern. Candidates those who do not know the current examination pattern are advised to see this webpage carefully. This webpage is designed by our experts to give you the details of the Railway Exam Pattern which will help you in scoring higher marks in this examination.
Indian Railway every year publish many recruitment notification for the young and enthusiastic candidates of our country. Indian Railway provides employments to huge number of population of our country. Indian Railway recruit candidates for various posts available in their organization. As we know that Indian Railway is the one of the busiest railway departments of the world. Indian Railway provide the jobs in Group A, B, C and D. all kind of jobs are provided by Indian Railway.
Useful Section of Railway
Official notification of Indian Railway is yet to come but before that candidates should start their preparation. But before preparing for Indian Railway examination candidates should know proper Railway Exam Pattern. If you do not have the knowledge of Railway Exam Pattern then you may lose marks in the examination. That is why we are going to give you the information on Indian Railway Exam Pattern in the following sections.
Railway Exam Pattern
As we have already mentioned that the Indian Government has changed the examination pattern. Those who do not have the information of the new pattern do not worry because here we will tell you the entire Railway Examination Pattern and syllabus.
- There are total four sections in the Indian Railway Examination.
- Those sections are: Quantitative Ability, Reasoning, General Awareness and General Science.
- Quantitative Ability carries 20 questions.
- Reasoning section carries 25 questions.
- General awareness section carries 30 questions
- General science carries 25 questions.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- Total time duration for the Indian Railway exam is two hours.
Marking scheme of Indian Railway Examination:
- Candidates will be given 1 mark for every correct answer.
- Candidates need to pay the penalty of 1/3 mark for every wrong answer.
- Candidates will be given zero marks for unattempt questions.
Find More: Railway Jobs
Check also: jobs for 12th pass candidates
Railway Exam Syllabus: as we already mentioned the four sections of the Indian Railway question paper. Now here we will tell you the syllabus of each of those sections.
Quantitative Ability syllabus:
- Data Interpretation
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- Boats & Streams
- Pipe & Cistern
- Profit & Loss
- Margins & Discounts
- Speed Calculation
- Problems on Age
- Linear/ Quadratic Equations
- Simple/ Compound Interest
- Area & Volume
- Classification of Odd pair
- Alphanumeric Series
- Decision Making
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Visual Reasoning
- Statement Argument
- Statement Conclusion
- Statement Interference
- Problem Solving
- Eligibility Test
- Verbal & Visual Analysis
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Sitting /Circular Arrangements
- Puzzles/Complex Arrangement
General awareness syllabus:
- Indian Economy
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
- Indian Railways (Facts & Figures, History)
- Indian Polity
- Indian Culture & Heritage
- Environmental Studies
Check also: jobs for graduates
Dear candidates we have mentioned the Indian Railway Examination syllabus and question paper pattern in this webpage. If you have any questions related to this then you can post you questions in the comment box. Our experts will reply to your questions very soon.
Take a Look on Below Table